Tom's Apple Date Bread
|Applesauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), canned|
|Peanut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Toasted peanuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Grease a 9-inch X 5-inch X 3-inch loaf pan with butter or oil.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
3. Into a large, dry bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and soda and spices.
4. Stir in the dates and peanuts. Keep aside.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg, apple sauce and oil. Beat well with a wooden spoon, until well blended.
6. Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and stir quickly and lightly, just enough to moisten the flour mixture and only until no dry flour is visible.
7. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and tap the pan lightly on the tabletop to evenly spread batter and remove air bubbles.
8. Place pan on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 45 to 50 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean
9. When the crust is lightly browned and loaf is springy to touch, remove from the oven.
10. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto a wire rack.
11. Let cool completely.
12. Slice and serve with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2882 Calories from Fat 789
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.9%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1970.5 mg82.1%
Total Carbohydrates 475 g158.2%
Dietary Fiber 27.7 g110.9%
Sugars 247.5 g
Protein 63 g126.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 134.6% Iron 115.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet