Orangey Pumpkin Bread
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 2⁄3 Cup (42.67 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Pound (Stokely's Finest)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Remove seeds from orange.
Using blender or grinder, grind orange, including peel. Remove into a bowl.
2. Grease four (1 pound) loaf tins with butter or oil and dust them with a little of the flour.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F before baking.
4. Into a medium, dry bowl, re-sift the flour with the other dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the raisins and nuts and keep aside.
6. In a large-size mixing bowl, or in a food processor bowl, combine sugar and shortening.
7. Beat with electric beater or pulse on medium low speed, until light and fluffy.
8. Add eggs, one at a time and blend well after each addition.
9. Add the pumkin and water and beat or pulse until batter is smooth and silky.
10. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture stirring quickly and lightly or pulsing at a low speed.
11. Stir in the orange mixture, raisins and nuts.
12. Divide the batter equally into the prepared tins tap each lightly on the tabletop to spread evenly and remove air bubbles.
13. Place pans on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for almost 45 to 50 minutes.
14. When the crust is lightly browned and loaves are springy to touch or when skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean and dry, remove pans from the oven.
15. Let loaves cool in the pan for 15 minutes then invert onto wire racks.
16. Leave to cool completely.
17. Wrap in foil and rest in a cool place.
18. Slice and serve with jam or preserve as a snack.