Baked Banana Bread
|Buttered bread slice||8|
|Ground cinnamon||3 Teaspoon|
|Ripe banana||1 , sliced|
|Raisins/Sultana||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Sugar||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
1) Select almost any white bread other than that from a sliced sandwich loaf, as this will become rather soft.
2) Drizzle on the buttered bread with the cinnamon.
3) Discard the crusts, and cut the slices into fingers.
4) In a small bowl, combine well the sliced banana and the dried fruit.
5) Whisk the eggs together with the sugar and milk.
6) With the help of an oblong or square baking dish, place the fruit and the fingers of bread in layers.
7) Ladle in the custard mix-ture, and allow to stand for half an hour, slightly forcing the top layer down under the liquid frequently at intervals until all is absorbed.
8) Bake at Gas Mark 4/350°F/180°C for 50 minutes, until the custard is set and firm and the bread is crisp and golden to look.
9) Best served warm and not hot.
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.7 mg39.2%
Sodium 343.7 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 31.7 g
Protein 13 g26.9%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet