|Bread slices||2 , 1/2 inch thick, cut from a day old firm textured white loaf|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) From the bread, remove the crusts.
2) Now, cut the bread slices into cubes.
3) In a large skillet, heat the butter along with 1/4 cup of the oil, over medium heat.
4) To this hot butter-oil mixture, add the bread cubes.
5) Increase the heat to high.
6) Saute for 2 to 3 minutes, turning the cubes frequently to coat on all sides. Add more oil to prevent burning, if required.
7) Drain the croutons on paper towels.
8) You can use Croutons while preparing Caesar salad. Croutons are also served as snack or as accompaniment to soups.