Dill Carrot Bread
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (At 85Â°F)|
|Olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole-wheat flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs), sifted|
|Poppy seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the water, honey and yeast.
3. Set aside for 10 minutes for the yeast to become foamy.
4. Add the carrots, cottage cheese, egg substitute, Parmesan, oil, dill and caraway
5. If salt is used, put salt.
6. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the whole-wheat flour
7. Add enough flour to form a sticky dough that comes away from the sides or the bowl.
8. Coat a large bowl with nonstick spray and add the dough to coat on all sides.
9. Cover with plastic wrap or towels and place in a warm, draft-free spot and let rise for about 1 hour until doubled in volume.
10. Coat a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan or 1 1/2-quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
11. Flour your hands lightly, transfer the dough to the pan and pat it in evenly.
12. Cover with a towel.
13. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes or until doubled in volume.
14. Bake at 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
15. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
16. Completely cool before slicing.
17. Serve as a side dish.