One Hour Oat Bread
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oat bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oats||1 Cup (16 tbs), rolled|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the flour, oat bran, oats, raisins, and baking powder.
3. Pour in the buttermilk and use a large rubber spatula to mix well.
4. Shape the dough into a round loaf of about 7 inches in diameter.
5. Smooth the top and sides.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the loaf on it.
7. Ii any raisins are visible, poke them into the dough with your linger so they won't burn.
8. Sprinkle the loaf with a bit of flour.
9. Bake at 425°F for about 45 minutes, or until the bottom of the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
10. Completely cool before slicing.
11. Serve cold as part of the menu.