|Butter||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Golden syrup||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Medium oatmeal||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Porridge Oats Are Suitable, Or Use The Coarse Variety)|
|Ginger||15 Milliliter, ground (2 Heaped Teaspoon)|
1) Adjust the oven on to Gas Mark 4/350°F/18o°C.
2) In a large heavy saucepan,stir butter until melted with the sugar and syrup
(you will find it easier to measure golden syrup if you put the jar or tin in hot water first).
3) Mix in the oats and ginger and give a good stir.
4) Transfer into a shallow, greased 8-inch (20 cm) square baking tin and smooth the top with a knife blade.
5) Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for about 20-30 minutes till golden brown.
6) Allow to cool for around 10 minutes before cutting into oblong bars and
remove from the tin when totally cold.
7) Serve the oblong bars as soon as you wish over a cup of coffee or tea.