Old Style Apple Bread
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Self-rising flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Bread)|
|Peeled cored sharp apple||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Minced lemon rind||1⁄2 , or grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|English cider/Unsweetened about apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Grease an 8 x 4 x 3 inch bread pan.
2. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. Rub or cut in butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in freshly shredded apple and the lemon rind.
5. Stir in egg with enough cider or apple juice to make a soft dough.
6. Turn into prepared pan. Level the top surface.
7. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Cool on a rack. Good with cheese.