Old Style Apple Bread
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Self-rising flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Bread)|
|Peeled cored sharp apple||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Minced lemon rind||1⁄2 , or grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|English cider/Unsweetened about apple juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Grease an 8 x 4 x 3 inch bread pan.
2. Sift flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
3. Rub or cut in butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
4. Mix in freshly shredded apple and the lemon rind.
5. Stir in egg with enough cider or apple juice to make a soft dough.
6. Turn into prepared pan. Level the top surface.
7. Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes. Cool on a rack. Good with cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2609 Calories from Fat 556
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.9%
Saturated Fat 32.6 g163.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 6032 mg251.3%
Total Carbohydrates 476 g158.7%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.9%
Sugars 193.7 g
Protein 45 g89.3%
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 80.6% Iron 81.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet