Cherry-Apple Brunch Bread
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Apples||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), grated|
|Maraschino cherries||10 , diced|
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan.
3) Take a large bowl and sift salt, flour and baking powder in it.
4) Add sugar, egg, 1/4 cup orange juice, orange rind, 1/4 cup butter, vanilla and milk.
5) Mix nicely until flour becomes moist.
6) Spread batter in the greased pan.
7) Take a bowl and combine in it brown sugar, apples, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon orange juice and cherries.
8) Spoon the mixture over batter and bake for about 30-40 minutes.
9) Transfer to a wire rack.
10) Slice and serve at brunch.