|Salt||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Yeast||1 Ounce, dried|
|Warm water||1 Pint|
1) Preheat oven very hot to 425°F, 220°C or Gas No. 7
2) In a mixing basin sift flour and salt.
3) Cut in fat and rub into the mixture keeping a hollow at the centre.
4) In a bowl blend fresh yeast with warm water.
5) Dried yeast has to be dissolved with teaspoon of sugar in the hand-hot water.
6) Sprinkle dried yeast and keep aside for 10 minutes.
7) Mix yeast liquid to the dry ingredients immediately with the treacle.
8) Knead to a rough dough that leaves the sides of the basin clean.
9) Place dough on a clean working surface and knead well.
10) Roll into a ball and keep in the basin.
11) Keep in a large polythene bag and keep in warm place to let dough double in size.
12) Place dough on a clean working surface and knock back.
13) Knead and divide the dough into two.
14) Round the pieces and keep aside for 10 minutes.
15) Stretch dough to an oblong to the length of the tin.
16) Fold over the middle and turn over to keep the seam underneath.
17) Smooth out the top and tuck in the ends.
18) Put in two greased, large, 2 lb (900 g) loaf tins keeping the side up.
19) Keep in a polythene bag and set aside in a warm place. Let stand dough until it has risen to the tops of the tins.
20) Sprinkle flour over it.
21) Bake in oven, a large loaf for 30-40 minutes and a smaller loaf for 30 minutes.
22) Serve sliced.