Cantaloupe Nut Bread
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cantaloupe||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Grease and floured a 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan.
2) In a bowl, add the shortening and sugar and cream well.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) Mix in the cantaloupe.
5) Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt and spice.
6) Mix in with the creamed mix.
7) Fold in the nuts and raisins.
8) Add into the greased pan and spread out evenly.
9) Place in the oven and bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
10) Serve as a snack or as at breakfast.