No Knead Bran Bread
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Instant non fat dry milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 packages)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (110 to 115 Degree F, adjust quantity as needed)|
|Cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs) (All Bran / Bran Buds)|
|Margarine/Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Stir together flour, milk powder, salt.
2. Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) about 20 minutes before baking.
4. In a large bowl mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir in the bran cereal, egg, margarine and about half of the flour mixture.
6. Stir in the remaining flour until a sticky dough is formed.
7. Cover bowl with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
8. Stir down batter and pour into prepared pans.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until it has a lovely light brown crust. Midway during baking and again near the end, shift the loaf so it is exposed equally to the temperature variations in the oven.
10. To test for doneness, turn the loaf out of the pan and tap the bottom crust with a forefinger. If it gives a hollow, sound. If not, return to the oven out of the pans for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
11. Let loaves cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
12. Slice and serve the bread as required.