Dilly Casserole Bread
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Fast rise yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Rapid rise yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), warmed to 105-115°|
|1% cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Dill seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spray a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
2) In a bowl of 1/4 cup of warm water, add in the yeast. Allow it to rest for 5 minutes to soften.
3) In a large bowl, add cottage cheese, sugar, margarine, onion flakes, dil seeds, salt, baking soda and 1 beaten egg. Mix together.
4) Add in yeast at the end. Knead the mixture into a soft dough.
5) Cover the dough and let it rest for about 50 minutes.
6) Beat the dough with bare hands to bring it down.
7) Transfer the dough into the casserole, cover and set aside for about 40 minutes in a warm place.
8) Bake for about 40 to 50 minutes until the bread turns slightly golden brown.
9) Serve the Dilly Casserole Bread slices with a little butter or whipped cream on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1706 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216 mg72%
Sodium 2394.6 mg99.8%
Total Carbohydrates 308 g102.8%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.1%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 62 g124.7%
Vitamin A 16.7% Vitamin C 41.1%
Calcium 38.4% Iron 111.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet