Croutons And Bread Crumbs
|Low sodium bread slices||4 (Dry, Makes 2 Cups Croutons)|
|Dry low-sodium bread||4|
|Sodium||7 Milligram (1/2 Cup Contains Approximately)|
1.To make croutons: if you do not have dry bread, just separate slices of fresh bread and leave them on a counter top for several hours, turning occasionally so that they can be diced easily.
2.Make slices of bread in 1/4-inch cubes.
3.In a large shallow pan or on a cookie sheet , place cubes and transfer to a preheated 300 degrees F oven for about 20 minutes until they are a golden brown.
4. Stir occasionally to brown evenly.
5.To make bread crumbs: Dry the bread for 2 or 3 days until it is hard.
6.Break it into pieces.
7. In a blender, put in broken bread.
8.Grind to make bread crumbs.
9. Bread can be toasted and then grinded for toasted bread crumbs.
10. Serve croutons in soups and stews.
11. Bread crumbs can be used to coat chicken, fish etc prior to frying.