Brown Bread Ice Cream
|Whole wheat bread crumbs||6 Ounce|
|Heavy cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In the oven dry the bread crumbs until they are lightly browned and crisp.
2. In a bowl or a container beat the cream until stiff, adding 3/4 cup sugar gradually and beat in the vanilla extract.
3. Simmer the remaining sugar and water together for 2 or 3 minutes, stir into the bread crumbs folding the mixture into the beaten cream.
4. In another bowl beat the egg whites until they hold peaks and fold gently into the cream and crumb mixture.
5. Freeze in a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan optionally coating the inside of the pan with melted chocolate or in individual ramekins.
6. Onto a cold serving platter or cold dishes unmold and serve.