Blender Orange Raisin Bread
|Unpeeled orange||1 Large|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Lightly packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Raisins||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Cut the orange into pieces and remove the seeds.
3) Put in a blender with boiling water and blend until a smooth mixture is formed.
4) Add egg and oil; blend a few more seconds.
5) In a mixing bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and stir well.
6) Add the blended liquid to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
7) Pour into a greased loaf pan, 9 x 5" in size.
8) Bake at 350°F for about 50 minutes.
9) Serve hot or cold.