Date And Nut Bread
|Dates||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Hot water/Coffee - 3/4 cup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven 325 °F.
2) Combine soda and boiling water to chopped dates.
3) Cool to lukewarm temperature and add sugar, butter and beaten egg.
4) Add all the sifted dry ingredients and nuts.
5) Turn into a large or 2 small greased loaf pans.
6) Bake at 325 °F 45-50 minutes for large pan, and 35 minutes for small loaves.
7) Serve hot and crispy or can be cooled and consumed later.