|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Warm water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), divided (105° To 115°F)|
|Dark molasses||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unprocessed bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) Take a 3- or 4-quart mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast over 1 cup of water in it.
3) Stir in molasses and honey to combine and then keep aside for about 5 minutes (bubbles will form and liquid will foam).
4) Take another bowl and mix together flour, wheat germ, bran, and salt in it.
5) Slowly mix this into yeast mixture.
6) Stir in raisins and remaining 1 1/2 cups water until thoroughly combined (mixture will be sticky).
7) Take loaf pans and spray them with non-stick cooking spray.
8) Weigh dough and half it, ensuring that each half weighs the same.
9) Into each prepared pan, place one half and keep them aside for about 1 hour in a warm, draft-free place (80Â° to 85Â°F.) until dough has doubled in volume.
10) Bake the halves in the loaf pans for 50 to 55 minutes in middle of center oven rack until loaves begin to pull away from sides of pans.
11) Take off the pans from oven and turn each loaf out, on its side, onto wire rack to allow cooling.
12) Cut the loaves into 1-ounce slices and serve.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 21
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.43 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 496.1 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.2%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44.1%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 7% Iron 25.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet