Nut Butter Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Crunchy peanut butter/Nut butter of your choice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Unsalted)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Noninstant nonfat milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Using a measuring cup sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, milk powder and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through feed tube while the machine is running. Pulse on/off to mix.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream. You may not require all the water.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Add caraway and anise seeds, while the machine is running. Process to mix.
11) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
12) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
13) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
14) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
15) Prepare a ball out of the dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
16) Use greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan to place the loaf.
17) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 1 hour.
18) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
19) Place the loaf pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
20) Immediately place on metal rack to cool the loaf.
21) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.