Holiday Fruit 'N' Nut Bread
|Whole wheat flour||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Lecithin granules||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Brewer's yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Corn oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Honey||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Yogurt||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Pitted dates||250 Milliliter, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||125 Milliliter, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Orange rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
1. Lightly grease an 8 1/2-inch X 4 1/2-inch bread pan.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C)
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
4. In a large bowl, combine liquid ingredients and blend well.
5. Stir in dates, walnuts and orange rind.
6. Add dry ingredients in batches to the liquid mixture, stirring well after each addition, until smooth batter is formed.
7. Pour batter into bread pan.
8. Bake bread in a preheated oven for about 1 hour, or until spongy to touch and a skewer comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let stand in pan for 5 minutes.
10. Invert onto wire rack and let cool.
11. Slice thickly and serve for breakfast or at tea time.
12. Wrap and include in holiday gift hampers if you like.