Sunflower Seed Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
STEPS TO GETTING READY
1) Using a cup sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil and honey.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add flour and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the stiff dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball from dough, let rest by covering for 5 minutes.
15) Use a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan to place loaf made from the dough.
16) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
17) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
18) Place the pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
19) Immediately transfer the loaf on wire rack for cooling.
20) Serve the bread warm or cool with your choice of dip or spread.