Mango Bread Ii
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), lightly packed|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole pitted dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), packed|
|Mangoes/Fresh peaches||2 Small, chopped (To Yield 1 1/3 Cups)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pulse on/off to mix.
3) Fold in dates; pulse on/off until coarsely chopped.
Fold in walnuts; pulse on/off until coarsely chopped.
4) Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place it aside.
5) Add roughly cut mango pieces, 1 1/2-inch size, to work bowl. Pulse on/off until coarsely chopped.
6) Transfer into a bowl and place it aside.
7) In the work bowl, add eggs to process for 30 seconds.
8) Pour in oil and vanilla extract, while the machine is running. Process for 15-20 seconds until well-mixed.
9) Add flour mixture all at once, by stopping the machine.
10) Combine with 3-4 on/off pulses.
11) Fold in mangoes and pulse on/off until mangoes are just mixed in. Do not overdo.
12) Use a spatula, scrape down the sides and combine gently, if required.
13) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
14) Use an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan to grease bottom and sides. Place the wax paper in the bottom.
15) Pour in batter and let stand for 10 minutes.
16) Place inside oven to bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 300Â° and bake for another 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
17) Transfer on a wire rack to cool completely inside the pan.
18) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of spread.
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 352.5 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.8%
Sugars 30.9 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 43.4%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet