Classic Oatmeal Bread
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Sifted)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry yeast||1 Packet|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) Over the oatmeal, pour the boiling water.
2) Add the salt. Mix well and cool to lukewarm.
3) Dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
4) Then add the molasses, oil and dissolved yeast to the oatmeal mixture.
5) Gradually add the sifted flour until the dough is stiff enough to handle.
6) Knead the dough on a lightly floured board until it is smooth and elastic.
7) Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat all sides of the dough with oil.
8) Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place (about 85Â°F) until double in bulk.
9) Punch down the dough and knead again for a few minutes.
10) Transfer the dough to a well oiled loaf pan.
11) Cover and let rise again, for about 1 hour, until doubled in bulk.
12) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
13) Remove bread from pan and place on a wire rack to cool, before serving.