Rapid Mix Cornell Yeast Bread
|Dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Soy flour||6 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Wheat germ||2 Tablespoon|
|Non fat dry milk||6 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the yeast with 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt, wheat germ, nonfat dry milk and soy flour.
3) Over low flame, heat milk and margarine until it reaches 120Â°-130Â°F. (You can use a cooking thermometer to check temperature).
4) Add the mixture to dry ingredients.
5) With an electric mixer, beat the mix for 2 minutes.
6) Stir in enough flour to make a thick batter.
7) Keep working in the rest of the flour until the dough is stiff enough to handle.
8) Turn out onto a floured board and cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
9) Now, knead the dough until it is blistered and pliable.
10) Shape the dough into a ball.
11) Place the dough in an oiled bowl turning to coat all sides of the dough with oil.
12) Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place (about 85Â°F), until double in bulk.
13) Turn onto lightly floured board, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
14) Shape into 3 round loaves or place in three loaf pans.
15) Cover and let rise again until double in bulk.
16) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
17) Brush the top of the hot loaves with margarine.
18) Remove bread from the pans and place on wire racks to cool, before serving.