Fresh Mango Or Peach Bread
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), lightly packed|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mangoes/Peaches||2 Small (To Yield 1 1/3 Cups Chopped)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) In the work bowl, add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Pulse on/off to mix.
4) Add walnuts, pulse on/off until coarsely chopped.
5) Transfer the mixture into a bowl and place it aside.
6) In the work bowl, add mangoes, cut roughly into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Pulse on/off to coarsely chop.
7) Transfer into another bowl and place it aside.
8) In the work bowl, add eggs to process for 30 seconds.
9) Pour in oil and vanilla extract, while the machine is running. Process for 15-20 seconds.
10) Add the flour mixture all at once, by turning the machine off. Combine with 3-4 on/off pulses.
11) Add mangoes; pulse on/off until mangoes are just mixed in. Do not overdo.
12) Use the spatula to scrape down sides of bowl and mix well, if required.
13) Use a loaf pan, to grease the bottom and sides. Place a wax paper on the bottom.
14) Pour in batter.
15) Place inside the oven to bake large loaf for 55-60 minutes; small loaf for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
16) Carefully transfer on wire rack after cooling for 15 minutes in the pan.
17) Serve the bread with your choice of spread.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 352.4 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 31.1 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 43.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet