Banana Yogurt Nut Bread
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ripe banana||1 Large|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) In the work bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and walnuts. Pulse on/off to coarsely chop nuts.
4) Transfer the mixture from bowl and place aside.
5) Add egg, process 30 seconds.
6) Add yogurt, oil, honey and banana (cut into small pieces), after scraping down the sides. Pulse on/off until well-mixed and banana is pureed.
7) Add all dry ingredients at once after removing the lid and scraping down sides.
8) Combine with 5 on/off pulses only until batter is mixed.
9) Scrape down the sides of the work bowl, before last time for on/off. Do not overdo.
10) Use a small foil pan, 7 7/8 x 3 7/8-inch, to grease bottom and sides.
11) Place wax paper at the bottom.
12) Pour in batter.
13) Place inside oven to bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
14) Let the bread cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
15) Transfer on wire rack to cool completely.
16) Serve the bread with your choice of topping.
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.8 mg11.9%
Sodium 232.3 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet