Rye Bran Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Rye flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non instant milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Non Fat)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Required)|
1) Sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Add oil, honey and egg.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, rye flour, wheat germ, bran, salt and milk powder. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through feed tube while the machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
11) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
12) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
13) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
14) Prepare a ball out of the dough, let rest by covering for 15 minutes.
15) Shape the dough into an oval.
16) Use lightly greased cookie sheet to sprinkle with corn-meal. Place the loaf inside.
17) Alternately, use 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch greased loaf pan to bake the loaf.
18) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 1 hour.
19) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
20) Make three diagonal slashes on top of oval loaf on cookie sheet.
21) Place the pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until loaf is golden brown and bottom crust has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
22) Immediately remove the loaf from the pan and cool on metal rack.
23) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.