Oat Flour Whole Wheat Bread
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Non fat milk powder||3 Tablespoon (Non Instant)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Or As Needed)|
|Rolled oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Warm water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
2) In the work bowl, add rolled oats to process until a fine flour is made, about 60 seconds.
3) Remove from bowl and set aside.
4) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over warm water.
5) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
6) Stir in oil and honey.
7) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE or PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
8) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, milk powder and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
9) Pour in yeast mixture through feed tube while the machine is running. Pulse on/off to mix.
10) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream. You may not require all the water.
11) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
12) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
13) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
14) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
15) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
16) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
17) Prepare a ball out of the dough, let rest, by covering for 5 minutes.
18) Use a greased loaf pan to place the loaf made from dough ball.
19) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45-60 minutes.
20) Preheat oven to 375Â°.
21) Place the loaf inside oven on middle rack to bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
22) Immediately transfer the loaf on metal rack to cool.
23) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.