Banana Carrot Bread
|Whole wheat flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||2 Medium, pared|
|Bananas||2 Small (Ripe)|
|Low fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
2) In your food processor, use METAL BLADE setting.
3) In your work bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Pulse on/off to mix.
4) Transfer the mixture on a medium mixing bowl and place aside.
5) Change the setting to SHREDDING DISC, for shredding the carrots by fitting vertically into the feed tube.
6) Also cut the bananas to shred by fitting feed tube vertically.
7) In the mixing bowl, combine carrots and bananas with flour. Toss well to mix.
8) Change the setting to METAL BLADE.
9) In the work bowl, add eggs to process 30 seconds.
10) Add yogurt, oil, honey and vanilla extract after scraping off the sides. Combine all together with on/off pulses until well-blended.
11) Add all dry ingredients at once by removing the lid and scraping down the sides. Combine with 5 on/off pulses only until batter is mixed.
12) Scrape down sides of work bowl, before the last time on/off. Do not overdo.
13) Use an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, to grease bottom and sides.
14) Place wax paper at the bottom.
15) Pour in batter.
16) Place inside oven to bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
17) Transfer the bread on wire rack to cool after cooling in the pan for 10 minutes.
18) Serve the bread warm or cold, with your choice of spread.
Calories 235 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.7 mg17.9%
Sodium 175.2 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 7 g13.1%
Vitamin A 52.5% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet