Whole Wheat Apricot Breads
|Dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Evaporated skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a bowl, mix the apricots with the oil, honey and boiling water.
3) Set aside to cool.
4) Now, mix the dry ingredients and nuts.
5) Mix the milk and egg and combine with the apricot mixture.
6) Add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing just until the dry ingredients are dampened.
7) Divide batter into 3 oiled loaf pans.
8) Let stand at room temperature 10 to 20 minutes.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
10) Cool thoroughly after done.
10) Wrap in foil and store overnight before slicing and serving.