Oat Bran Bread
|Rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bran||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 3⁄4 Cup (60 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Needed)|
1) Use a medium bowl, to add oats, bran, oil and molasses. Combine well.
2) Pour in boiling water to stir.
3) Allow cooling to lukewarm, about 30 minutes. Place in a cold water bath to quicken the cooling. Use a thermometer or finger to make sure that it is not over 115Â°F.
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) In your food processor, use the PLASTIC DOUGH BLADE setting.
4) In the work bowl, add flour and salt.
5) Pour in yeast mixture through feed tube while the machine is running. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in oat/bran mixture all at once.
7) With a spatula, combine the mixture.
8) Turn on machine and gradually add remaining water, if required.
9) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
10) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
11) Add caraway and anise seeds, while the machine is running. Process to mix.
12) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
13) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
14) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
15) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
16) Prepare a ball and allow resting by covering for 5 minutes.
17) Use a greased 8 7/8 x 4 7/8-inch loaf pan, to place the loaf made from the ball.
18) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
19) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
20) Place the loaf pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
21) Immediately remove the loaf from the pan on a metal rack to cool.
22) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.