Malted Milk Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level, Increase To 3 Cups If Gluten Flour Is Omitted)|
|Gluten||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Malted milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Carnation Brand)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Needed)|
1) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup warm water.
2) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
3) Stir in oil.
4) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
5) In the work bowl, add whole wheat flour, gluten flour, malted milk and salt. Pulse on/off to mix.
6) Pour in yeast mixture through feed tube while the machine is running.
7) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, while machine is running.
8) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
9) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
10) Add caraway and anise seeds, while the machine is running. Process to mix.
11) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
12) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
13) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 45-60 minutes.
14) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
15) Prepare a ball and allow resting by covering for 5 minutes.
16) Use a greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, to place the loaf made from the dough ball.
17) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, about 45 minutes.
18) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
19) Place inside oven on middle rack to bake for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and bottom crust of loaf has a hard hollow sound when tapped.
20) Immediately remove from loaf pan to cool on metal rack.
21) Slice the bread and serve with your choice of dip or spread.