Ricotta Swirl Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Warm water||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons, 105°-115°F)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 3⁄4 Cup (44 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs) (Non Instant)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Ricotta cheese||16 Ounce|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients until smooth and well-mixed. Place the bowl aside.
2) Use a measuring cup to sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water.
3) Let stand in a warm place about 5 minutes until it dissolves or puffs.
4) Stir in honey and eggs.
5) In your food processor, use the METAL BLADE setting.
6) In the work bowl, add flour, milk powder, salt and butter. Pulse on/off to mix.
7) Pour in yeast mixture through the feed tube while machine is running.
8) Pour in remaining water in a steady stream, only as fast as the flour absorbs it.
9) Process the dough ball for 20 seconds and test the consistency for right elasticity, stickiness and wetness, by stopping the machine.
10) If it is not ready, then process for another 10 seconds.
11) Sprinkle with additional 1-2 tablespoons flour into the dough and pulse machine on/off to coat dough for easy removal from work bowl.
12) In an oiled bowl transfer the dough and turn over to oil the entire surface.
13) Cover with plastic bag or damp cloth and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
14) Punch down dough and knead for 30 seconds to press out the dough.
15) Prepare a ball out of the dough, let rest by covering for 10 minutes.
16) Use a lightly floured surface to roll out the dough into a 16 x 14-inch rectangle.
17) Place the filling by keeping 1-inch border on all edges.
18) Begin at the long side to roll up the dough.
19) Seal the seam and ends by pinching.
20) Use baking sheet to line with foil.
21) Cover and let rise in warm place, free from drafts, until doubled, 45 minutes.
22) Preheat oven to 350Â°.
23) Place the pan inside oven on middle rack to bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
24) Transfer the loaf carefully on the wire rack for cooling. Brush with butter, if desired.
25) Serve the bread warm or cool.