Rosemary Olive Bread
|Active dry yeast||1 2⁄3 Teaspoon (1 1/2 Teaspoons Plus 1/8 Teaspoon)|
|Water||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (Warm)|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Rosemary||1 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
|Imported olives||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), pitted , cut into large pieces (Black And Green)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1) Place a heavy baking sheet or baking stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a small bowl, stir 1/8 tea-spoon yeast into 3/4 cup warm water. Then stir in 1 1/2 cups flour and mix for a few minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and keep aside for about 6 hours.
3) In a large bowl, stir 1 1/2 tea-spoons yeast into 1 1/2 cups warm water and keep aside for 10 minutes. Add the flour-yeast mixture, break up and stir in 1 cup flour.
4) Add another 1 cup flour and salt, beat swiftly. Stir in another 1 cup flour and fold for 3 minutes. Then fold in the rosemary and olives.
5) Turn out the dough on a heavily floured work surface and gradually knead in the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
6) Shape the dough into a ball, brush the top lightly with olive oil, and place in an oiled bowl. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
7) Remove the dough from the bowl, punch it down and reshape it into a ball. Place it on a heavily floured baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap and allow to rise for about 2 hours.
8) Turn out the dough on a work surface, flatten it and fold in both the sides. Line a wide bowl with a dish towel dusted heavily with flour. Place the dough in the bowl, sprinkle lightly with flour and fold the ends of the towel over the dough to cover it. Then allow to rise for about 45 minutes until doubled in bulk.
9) Place a heavy baking sheet or baking stone in the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F.
10) Turn out the dough on the hot sheet or stone and remove the cloth. Cut a slit (1/2 inch deep) across the top. Spritz the oven a few times with water and close the door. Spritz again a few minutes later and lower the oven temperature to 425°F.
11) Bake for 30 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F and bake for about another 30 minutes until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped . Transfer the bread on a wire rack to cool.
12) Slice the bread and serve on a serving plate.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2831 Calories from Fat 364
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5385.7 mg224.4%
Total Carbohydrates 532 g177.3%
Dietary Fiber 27.4 g109.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 73 g146.8%
Vitamin A 22.5% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 30.6% Iron 217.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet