Traditional Bread Stuffing
|Bread loaf||1 Pound (Day Old, 20 Slices)|
|Celery stalks||4 Medium|
|Celery stalks||4 Medium, each cut crosswise in thirds|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1 , dissolved in 3/4 cup hot water|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||1 , dissolved (Tabouleh Stuffing:)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Poultry seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Crumb bread and keep aside in a large container.
3. Using a knife blade fitted to a mixer bowl, chop parsley coarsely.
4. Mix with bread crumbs.
5. Take a disc fitted with mixer bowl with slicing side facing up, slice vegetables.
6. Take a 12 inch skillet, add butter and melt it.
7. Add vegetables and saute till soft.
8. Mix in dissolved bouillon liquid along with seasonings with vegetables.
9. Using a knife blade fitted with a mixer bowl, coarsely chop giblets.
10. Add vegetable mixture and giblets to bread and toss to combine well.
11. Stuff the bird, as desired, as roast as usual.
12. Take a casserole, grease well.
13. Add leftover mixture to it.
14. Cover and bake for 40 t0 45 minutes.
15. Place roasted bird in a large serving plate and arrange roasted stuffing mixture around it.
16. Serve immediately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2709 Calories from Fat 1362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g238.8%
Saturated Fat 91.3 g456.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 362.9 mg121%
Sodium 8699.9 mg362.5%
Total Carbohydrates 284 g94.5%
Dietary Fiber 26.3 g105.2%
Sugars 27.1 g
Protein 55 g110.3%
Vitamin A 128.4% Vitamin C 78%
Calcium 71.1% Iron 109.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet