Rich Bread Buns
|Flour||2 Ounce, warmed|
|Sugar in the raw||1 Ounce|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||6 Ounce, softened|
1. In a cup, blend the yeast into about 4 fl oz (120 ml / 1/2 cup) of the water
2. Grease two loaf tins with the vegetable fat
3. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7)
4. Place the flour in a heap on a large pastry board
5. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture
6. In the well, place the salt, treacle (molasses) or honey, all the grains and nuts and the soya flour.
7. Pour the yeast mixture into the flour well.
8. Sprinkle a little flour on top and then leave for 10 minutes until it is slightly foamy.
9. Warm the rest of the water to 74°F/23°C
10. Pour into the well with the yeast mixture.
11. Mix all the flour and water together into a dough and knead well.
12. Gather into a ball and leave covered with a large inverted bowl for 30 minutes
13. Knead again after 30 minutes.
14. Blend in the lemon juice and knead well.
15. Shape the mixture into two balls by elongating a ball, holding each end, then fold the ends into the middle to make a neat oblong shape. Repeat with the other ball of dough.
16. Place the prepared dough into the loaves
17. Leave to proove for 30 minutes in a warm place.
18. Bake in a preheated oven at 425°F/220°C (Gas Mark 7) for 30 minutes.
19. Remove from their tins and leave the loaves to cool on wire racks.
20. Serve hot or warm