Whole Wheat Bread
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|1% milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Plus Extra For Glazing)|
|Vegetable oil spray/Cooking spray||1|
|Vegetable cooking oil spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Wheat germ||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven 400°F.
1. Take a large bowl and mix together the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Take a saucepan and heat about 1cup of milk along with margarine or molasses on low flame. 3. Heat the ingredients till warm, approx at the temperature of 120°-130°F.
4. Add this warm liquid mixture over the dry ingredient mixture and form soft dough.
5. Knead the dough for 10 minutes on lightly floured surface. Prepare a ball with this dough.
6. Take a bowl and line with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Put the dough ball it the bowl.
7. Line the dough with oil at regular intervals to prevent from drying out. Use a towel to cover the dough. Place in it a warm place with 80°-85°F for 2 hours or till it raises double its size.
8. Pinch ends together and tuck underneath. Take a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan and place the dough in it.
9. Use a towel to cover the loaf pan and place it in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
10. Brush the loaf using mil. Also, sprinkle some wheat germ on the top. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or till turns golden. Let it cool on a wire rack.
11. Serve fresh with any main dish.
Calories 642 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 8.9 g44.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.8 mg9.9%
Sodium 308.2 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g30.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.6%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 18 g35.2%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 19% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet