Whole Wheat Herb Bread
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Egg whites||3 , lightly beaten|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, heat water to boiling point.
2. Take off heat and stir in sugar and milk.
3. When cooled to luke warm, dissolve yeast and let stand 10 minutes
4. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
5. Preheat the oven to 400°F before baking
6. In a large mixing bowl, blend egg whites, oil, salt, basil and oregano.
7. Stir in yeast mixture.
8. Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until dough leaves sides of the bowl.
9. Turn dough out onto flour dusted surface and knead 5 minutes until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary.
10. Shape it to a tight ball and return to lightly greased bowl
11. Turn dough so all sides are coated.
12. Cover bowl and set it in a warm area for 1 hour until dough ferments and doubles in size.
13. Turn fermented dough onto floured surface punch with fist to knock out air.
14. Divide into 4 equal portions.
15. Roll each into a tight ball and place on greased baking sheet
16. Spray tops of dough circles with cooking spray
17. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
18. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire wrack.
19. Pile in a bread basket and serve warm.