Spicy Cornbread Stuffing
|Celery stalks||2 , minced|
|Carrots||2 , minced|
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Cornbread||4 Cup (64 tbs), coarsely crumbled|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Teaspoon|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fat free egg substitute||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. Take a large size bowl and mix together celery, carrots, onions and oil.
3. Use vented plastic wrap to cover the bowl and place it in the microwave for 4 minutes or until the ingredients turn soft.
4. Stir in some cornbread, pepper flakes, sage and thyme. Mix well.
5. Then add just about 2 cups stock and eggs. Mix well.
6. Add additional 1 cup of stock to moisten the bread, it case it is really dry. Don’t make it soggy.
7. Take a 2- or 3-quart casserole and coat with non-stick spray.
8. Pour in the stuffing and cover with foil.
9. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
10. Discard the foil cover and bake for additional 5 minutes to crisp the top.
11. Serve hot in a serving dish.