Date And Walnut Tea Bread
|Polyunsaturated margarine||60 Gram (2 Tablespoons)|
|Caster sugar||125 Gram (1/2 Cup)|
|Egg||60 Gram (1 Large Size)|
|Dates||150 Gram, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Walnuts||60 Gram, chopped (1/2 Cup)|
|Plain flour||185 Gram, sieved (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Soda bicarbonate||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||185 Milliliter, boiling (3/4 Cup)|
|Boiling water||185 Milliliter (3/4 Cup)|
|Lemon glace icing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Walnuts||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required)|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Dates||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required)|
|Chopped dates||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chocolate||3 Tablespoon, chopped (Use As Required)|
|Chopped chocolate||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Chocolate sprinkles||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients in order, then beat with a wooden spoon for 2-3 minutes or with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes, until mixed.
2) In a greased large, shallow round dish or baking ring mould, spread the mixture evenly.
3) Cook in the microwave for 4 1/2 minutes.
4) Allow the dish or mold to stand on a wire cooling tray for a few minutes, then turn out on the cooling tray to cool down.
5) Ice the teabread with lemon glace' icing and garnish with the chopped walnuts and dates dipped in melted chocolate then with the chocolate sprinkles.
6) Slice and serve on a serving platter.
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.3 mg14.1%
Sodium 317.1 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.3%
Sugars 49.6 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.61%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet