|Vegetable cooking spray/Vegetable oil||4|
|Cooking oil/Cooking spray||1 Tablespoon|
|Italian bread loaf||1 Pound (1 Loaf, About 15 Inches Long)|
|1% low fat milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated gruyere cheese/Finely grated swiss / reduced-fat cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Gruyere cheese/Swiss / reduced fat cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, finely grated|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
1. Collect and measure all the required ingredients.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Grease and baking sheet with vegetable oil or cooking spray.
4. Trim crust of bread and slice into 3/4-inch thick slices.
4 In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites, eggs, baking powder, pepper, Gruyere cheese, and mustard until well blended.
5. Dip each bread slice, one at a time, in this egg mixture soaking it well on both sides.
6. Arrange on the baking sheet then repeat with other slice.
7. Arrange apples and cheese and remaining bread in layers. Sprinkle with brown sugar after every layer.
8. In a mixing bowl, beat together milk, egg whites, eggs, and baking powder.
9. Spoon remaining egg mixture on each slice.
10. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on each slice.
11. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
12. Remove from oven and stand for 5 minutes
13. Serve while still warm accompanied by your favorite sauces.