Pumpkin Currant Bread
|All purpose flour||18 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Double acting baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs) (No Sugar Added)|
|Frozen egg substitute||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thawed|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried currants||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), plumped and drained|
|Walnuts||1 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, orange peel, baking soda, and baking powder; keep aside.
3. In another large mixing bowl, put together pumpkin, egg substitute, and oil; mix well.
4. Bring together both the pumpkin mixture and flour mixture; mix until moistened.
5. Stir in currants and walnuts.
6. Grease an 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2-inch nonstick loaf pan by spraying nonstick cooking spray.
7. In the greased pan, pour the batter.
8. Center the pan in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 50 minutes until golden brown.
9. Let the pan cool over a wire rack.
10. Cut and serve.