Toasty Seasoned Bread Crumbs
|Fresh bread slice||4 , folded in half|
|Garlic salt/Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Herbs||1 Pinch (Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Parsley)|
1) Shred bread in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc or by knife.
2) Mix bread with seasonings.
3) In a 12-inch skillet, over medium heat, melt butter and toast bread mixture in it for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4) Let cool and store in tightly sealed container.
5) Use as a topping on casseroles or as a coating for meat.
If refrigerated, this can be kept for a month.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.8%
Saturated Fat 16.3 g81.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg21.5%
Sodium 1024 mg42.7%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.8%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 0.09%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet