|Rolled oats||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Unbleached)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Packages)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Unsulphured molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Spray 3 (9-inch X 5-inch) loaf pans with baking spray.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F 30 minutes before baking
3. In a large mixing bowl, soak oats in boiling water.
4. In another bowl or basin, combine flours.
5. To the oat mixture add the yeast and 2 cups flour mixture. Stir to make a sticky dough.
6. Covert and let ferment for 30 minutes or until doubled in volume.
7. Stir the dough to expel air and then add remaining ingredients to make a soft dough.
8. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and knead for almost 10 minutes until firm and elastic. You can use an electric dough maker for kneading as well.
9. Divide dough into three equal potions
10. Shape each into a loaf to fit the greased pan.
11. Place pans in a warm area to prove for about 50 to 90 minutes or until dough rises above the rim of the pan.
12. Place pans on middle level of preheated oven and bake the loaves for 40 to 60 minutes or until golden on top and sound hollow when removed tapped on top.
13. Remove from oven and invert loaves on cool on racks to cool completely.
14. Slice loaves using a bread knife.
15. Pile in a bread basket and serve or use as required.
Cover in foil and refrigerate or freeze.
Defrost and reheat in the oven before serving.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 982.4 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.4%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 16 g32.7%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 34.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet