Apple Cheese Bread
|Sifted all purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened (2 Sticks)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Tart apples||2 Large, shredded (Pared, Cored)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt onto wax paper.
2. Grease 2 (9-inch x 5-inch x 3-inch)
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter or margarine with and electric mixer until soft.
5. Gradually add the sugar while beating continuously until mixture is light and creamy.
6. Add eggs one at a time into the creamed mixtue and blend well.
7. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients without over beating.
8. Stir in shredded apples and cheese.
9. Pour batter equally into greased loaf pans.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes until loaf leaves the sides of the pan and is springy to tough.
11. Remove from the oven and let cool in pans for 5 then invert onto wire rack and cool
12. Wrap loaf in foil or plastic wrap and store overnight.
13. Slice and serve for breakfast or along with stews, curries.