Bread In Four Easy Steps
|Granary/Strong wholewheat/white bread flour||500 Gram|
|Fast action yeast||7 Gram (1 Sachet)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Centigrade.
2. In a pot, heat some water until is is warm to the touch, and keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the flour, yeast and salt using your hands.
4. Add 300 millilitres of the warm water, the oil and the honey.
5. Stir the mixture and make a soft dough.
6. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough about for 5 minutes, until it no longer feels sticky to the touch.
7. Sprinkling with a little more flour if you don't get the desired consistency.
8. Take a loaf tin and grease it with oil.
9. Pour the dough into the tin, pressing it in evenly throughout the tin. 10. Put the loaf tin in a large plastic food bag and set aside for 1 hour, until the dough has risen to fill the entire tin. It should also be stiff and should not spring back when you press it with your finger.
11. With a sharp knife, cut the surface of the loaf and make several slashes.
12. In the pre-heated oven, place the loaf tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until the surface of the loaf is golden.
13. Take the loaf out onto a cooling rack and tap the base to see if it is cooked. If it is cooked, it should sound hollow.
14. Leave it on the wire rack to cool.
15. Serve fresh for breakfast.