Best Banana Bread from Rosalie Fiorino Harpole's kitchen
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Banana||3 Medium, mash|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|For the frosting|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Sieve the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, keep it aside.
2. Prepare a butter greased 9x5 baking pan dust it with flour.
3. Preheat the oven at 350 degree.
4. In a mixing bowl cream the sugar, butter and eggs with the help of a hand blender.
5. Add the sour cream and mashed banana, stir then add the sifted flour.
6. Blend the entire ingredients well and the pour the batter in the baking dish.
7. Bake it in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
8. Prepare the frosting by whipping the cream, powdered sugar, butter and almond extract, whip until you get a stiff peak.
9. Once the cake is ready and cool, spread the whipped cream and sprinkle pecan nuts on top
10. Serve the banana bread along with you hot cup of tea.
9x5 baking pan
Calories 952 Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 26.4 g132%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.6 mg57.5%
Sodium 656.4 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 81.5 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 7.6%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet