Easy Basic White Bread
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Instant nonfat dry milk solids||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon, divided in 4 pieces|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (110° To 115°F)|
1) Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2) In a measuring cup, take 1/4 cup water and add in yeast, stirring for about 10 minutes to dissolve yeast.
3) Mix flour, dry milk, butter, sugar and salt for about 5 seconds in a food processor bowl fitted with a Knife Blade.
4) Add in yeast mixture and then pour in enough water in a slow steady stream to form a loose ball from the dough.
5) Turn off the processor and transfer the dough onto a well-floured surface, tossing or folding over 9 or 10 times by hand.
6) Place the dough, figured into a ball, in a greased bowl and keep aside, covered in a warm place for about 1 1/2 hours to allow the dough to rise to double in size.
7) Place the risen dough on a well-floured surface and stir down.
8) Toss the dough again until it becomes non-sticky and then figure it into a smooth ball.
9) Place it on a floured surface and leave aside for 15 minutes after covering with a bowl.
10) Even out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to form a 14 x 7-inch rectangle loaf.
11) Beginning from the 7-inch end, roll up the rectangle tightly, sealing the ends and bottom with heels of hands.
12) Take a well-greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and place the rolled dough, seam side down, in it.
13) Keep aside covered in a warm place for about 1 hour until dough has risen 1-inch over sides of pan.
14) Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown and then take off the bread from pan at once.
15) Serve with jam.