|Whole garlic heads||6|
|Dried oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon, dried|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Loaf/Crusty sourdough / french bread, cut horizontally in half, 1 1/2 pounds||1 , unsliced|
|Crusty sourdough loaf/French bread loaf||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in half|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Peel garlic heads.
3. Place them in small baking pan and sprinkle with oregano.
4. Cover pan tightly with foil and roast in oven for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and roast for another 30 until nicely browned.
6. Remove from oven and cool until warm
7. Squeeze roasted garlic out of each clove into a blender or food processor jar.
8. To the garlic, add oil
9. Blend into a smooth puree.
10. Spread garlic spread on bread halves
11. Sprinkle with black pepper.
12. Use a bread knife to slice each bread half vertically into 8 equal pieces but not cutting all the way.
13. Wrap each half in foil and place on baking sheet.
14. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven
15. Place loaves in foil on serving platter.
16. Open up and crush foil around edges to keep bread warm.
17. Serve hot and crispy.