Cornbread Stuffed Pollock
|Pollock fillet/Other fish||2 Pound|
|Pollock fillets/Other fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced fresh mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumbled cornbread||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cornbread||4 Cup (64 tbs), crumbled|
|Soft bread cubes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Herbes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Fine Blend)|
|Fines herbes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Herb Blend)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish before cutting.
3. Cut the fillet into 6 equal steaks.
4. In a 10 inch skillet, take 6 tablespoon butter or margarine and cook celery, mushroom and onion in it until they become tender.
5. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, fine herbs and hot water; mix well.
6. Add this mixture to breads and toss lightly.
7. In 12 by 8 inches, well-greased baking dish, transfer the bread mixture and arrange the fish fillets on it in a single layer.
8. In a pan, melt two tablespoons of butter or margarine and drizzle over fish.
9. Drizzle lemon juice over the fish.
10. Season the fish with remaining salt and paprika.
11. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes.
12. Serve hot.
Calories 1070 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.9%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 673.1 mg224.4%
Sodium 1578 mg65.7%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.7%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 82 g164.8%
Vitamin A 23.4% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 3% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet